Staggered dismissal timings for safety.
Boys will be led to the gate just beside bus-stop along Whitley Road opposite Caltex. This will take about 10 mins from dismissal time. Then if they so choose, they will be led to the main gate.
Thank you for your patience.
Term 3 (Assumption Term) time table. Click <here>
Quick Updates (31 May):
- Notes from Fr Adrian. 1 June, 31, 30 May. Click <here>
- Notes from Dean. 1 June, 6 May. Click <here>
- Note on School Safety Measures (Mr Rene). 1 June. Click <here>
- Note from SJI. 30 May click <here>, 25 May Click <here>
- Note from Mr Syai. 29 May. Click <here>
- Notes from SJI Librarian Teacher. 1 June, 29, 8, 6 May . Click <here>
- Notes from SJI Counsellors. 19, 8 May. Click <here>
Quick reminders :
- School Diary
- Rag / Cloth for wipe down after every lesson
- Face Mask (Preferred) / Face shield (If have certified health conditions) to be worn at all times + ziplock bag to keep mask while at PE
- Hand sanitizer / personal hygiene items / wet wipes
- Your own snack / lunch box (to consume your own food during breaks/recess in our own classroom)
- All lesson materials according to timetable
Please ensure you have a neat haircut, clean short fingernails & white school shoes (in prep for HUBS check).
Attire: Full Uniform with School Tie + School Badge + Proper white socks and shoes
Assembly Venue: classroom
Do remember to use your handphone to scan the QR code at the school entrance to check in. If you miss it, please do so once you arrive in your classroom. A copy will be on the teacher’s table. You will also check out when you leave school.
If you are feeling unwell or have flu-like symptoms, please stay at home. It is important for you to inform your FTs by 0715h via email.
If you have a family member in the same household who has contracted COVID-19 / has been served HQO or SHN / is ill with 5-day MC, you are to stay at home and inform your FTs by 0715h via email. If unsure, please ask teachers for advice.
Sit according to your index number when you report to class.
Note from Dean, Mr Lee Han Seng:
I hope you are doing well during this holiday.
1. Resumption of classes for FPA
On 2 June, you will be returning to school for lessons. It may seem like you are returning from a long December holiday but you are returning from two months of Circuit Breaker.
I believe many of you will be happy to come back to school (though some might wish to sleep in a little bit more) and some of you will be concerned with the progress of the students’ learning. However, with the long absence from the routine coupled with Home-Based Learning, it is important to help that you assimilate to the routine in the school. We will do the SJI way to care for one another's well-being and learning.
2. Academic Matters in Term 3
- Assessment Matters
Term 3 will be a long term. Year 1 and Year 2 will have two assessments, one before and one after the mid-term break. The Year 1 will have the Term Assessment 2 as planned. The Year 2 will have the Common Test in Week 3. We will report the results in Week 7.
- Parents-Teacher Meeting (PTM)
As we are not able to meet your parents face to face, the PTM will be held the week after the mid-term break via teleconferencing or video-conferencing.
- Subject Combination Briefing (For Year 2)
The subject combination briefing will be cancelled. The slides will be sent to you and your parents before you take the Common Test. We will give you a brief so that you are able to know how you can select the various subject combinations.
3. Safe School Measure (SSM)
Please note contents in email sent on SSM. You will need to be familiar with the measures and
carry them out. Your help to comply with these measures definitely will make SJI a safe place.
Please get yourself ready to come to school to meet your friends and teachers.
Ora et Labora
Lee Han Seng (Mr)
Dean, Foundation Programme Academy
Please help with the following ISM surveys:
- Straws (Josh Tan, MN103)
- Do people still buy in bulk after CB? (Geng Giak, FN103)
- Should 13 year olds have access to social media? (Zachary Ho, LE101)
- Effectiveness of laptops (Hoe Yan, LE101)
- Do video games affect concentration ? (Darin Chee, MN101)
- How Math and problem solving can help you win chess. (Yu Sheng, FN101)
- What do people buy during COVID-19? (Yu Jie, FN103)
- Environmental Issues (Cheng Xun, LE103)
- Is NIKE shoe technology effective in improving the performance of Basketball players? (Nigel Young, FN103)
- Does aesthetics of cars affect choice? (Poh Gene Xuan, FN103)
- The minds of students of different genders (Andre, ML102)
- Effects of consumption of soft drinks (Venkatesh Pranauv ML102)
- What goes on in the minds of people and their thought processes (Aryan Rao FN102)
- Are People Concerned About The Adverse Effects of Global Warming? (Ethan Teh, ML101)
- Readiness of our Elderly on Retirement (Alexander Robb, FN103)
- Effects of going plant based (Ethan Ng, ML102)
Weekly Updates (Archived)
Cartoons from MOE Facebook:
Posters from Gov.sg